If you find yourself intrigued about university options north of the U.S.-Canada border, you’re not alone. Following the U.S. Presidential election, and years of a strengthening U.S. dollar, reports suggest growing interest in Canadian universities among American students.
Here are some basics about undergraduate studies in Canada:
- Length of bachelor’s degree: 4-years, just like in the U.S.
- Top universities include: McGill University, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia
- Other excellent universities include: Queens University, University of Waterloo, University of Victoria, University of Guelph, Dalhouise University
- Average annual tuition fees for international undergraduates: $23,589 Canadian Dollars, or approximately $17,207 US dollars as of early 2017. Note: tuition varies both by institution and field of study
For more information, check out these two widely consulted publications:
- Maclean’s Magazine publishes annual rankings of Canadian universities, and academic programs
- The Globe and Mail issues its annual Canadian University Report